Subject: Bugreport new SCSI kernel
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/1999 21:58:43
Hello everyone!
Have found another bug in the new kernel. This is what happens
when i run ps.

root@calvin:~> ps -x
ps: proc size mismatch (11696 total, 676 chunks).
Warning:  /proc does not provide valid data for all fields.
  PID TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
    0 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (swapper)
    1 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (init)
    2 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (pagedaemon)
    3 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (reaper)
  118 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (syslogd)
  122 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (portmap)
  131 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (nfsiod)
  132 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (nfsiod)
  133 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (nfsiod)
  134 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (nfsiod)
  161 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (update)
  163 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (cron)
  168 ??  ?W<    0:00.00 (inetd)
  186 03- ?W<    0:00.00 (bash)
  424 03- ?W<    0:00.00 (ps)
  424 03- ?W<    0:00.00 (ps)
root@calvin:~>

I'm running the new kernel with the 1.4.1 userland on a VS3100m76
with 32 Megs of memory. At first ps didn't work at all, but then i
created /proc and mounted procfs on it. After that i get this.
If i try to run top, it crashes with the following result.

root@calvin:~> top
top: sysctl vm.uvmexp failed: Cannot allocate memory

Seems to be some bugs left in the memorymanagement.

cheers,
/Anders

--

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras