Subject: Re: New SCSI DMA w/MONO
To: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1999 19:28:02
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Wolfgang Rupp wrote:
> S. Akmentins-Teilors wrote:

> > Has ANYONE booted the SCSI code on a VS3100 using the mono/keyboard
> > arrangement, and not the serial console?  AFAICT, this is the issue.
>
> Well, if someone tells me which board(s) to pull in a VS3100M38 SPX,
> I'll give it a try this weekend.
>
> Currently I am running the machine over the serial console.

I can test this as well.  I have the mono monitor, and I have the a
keyboard.  As far as removing the graphics board goes, just look for the
obvious board nearest to the monitor port.  You'll have to pull out the
metal mounting plate for the disk drives and disk I/O controller.  You're
going to probably have to disconnect the I/O controller as well but you
may just be able to tilt the whole mounting plate back.

The board's nearest the front of the case will be RAM expansion, and the
graphics option board if you have one is the only remaining board left...
outside of the main system board.  I'm fairly certain the PCB is lableled
GPX or SPX as well, but it's been a while since I gutted mine.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
This counter is [6,177,399,753] times as pointless as a real one.  -- K.