Subject: Netbooting problem, Please help.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <marcio.pocciotti@db.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1999 15:28:49
Hi all,

I tried to apply the same solution John Havard applied to the same problem:

boot device: <unknown>
                    root device: qe0 <-- I type qe0
                    dump device:  <-- I type nothing, pressed enter
                    file system (default generic):  <- type nothing, pressed
enter

                    then, I get:

                    nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
                    nfs_boot: client_addr=0xa104801
                    nfs_boot: timeout...
                    nfs_boot: timeout...
                    nfs_boot: timeout...
                    nfs_boot: bootparam whoami, error=51
                    no file system for qe0
                    cannot mount root, err = 79
                    root device (default qe0):

That was adding the bootserver's address to /etc/ethers on his FreeBSD box (mine
 is a OpenBSD, I thought maybe it would solve the problem).
But I still get exactly the same error message.

Would somebody help me?

Thanks,

Marcio Pocciotti