Subject: Re: SCSI DMA testers wanted.
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1999 13:55:51
NetBSD Mailing list writes:
> > Either we are both idiots or something.... ie.. downloaded it nonbinary...
> > but my VS3100 M38 with 12 megs and 2 SCSI controllers does the nice spiff
> > 85 RESTART SYS... has been doing it repeated for the last 4 hours now..
> > tho i will try redownloading the kernel...
>
> Um, I have this STRANGE need to yell, "HURRAY!" *LOL*
> I was really hoping I was doing something really silly, but I've tried
> EVERYTHING, and was starting to feel the fool.
>
> I redownloaded the kernel myself, changed the bootp stuff, then finally
> gave up since the simple fact is that ALL other kernels are booted
> successfully across the net.

Ok, so I need to clarify that I am using a serial console.  I don't
have a monitor or keyboard for my 3100.  I don't know if that is
enough of a difference or not.

I can round up the vaxboot.SYS that I am using when I get home from work.
I am also mop booting, then using RARP/BOOTPARAMS if that makes any
difference.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.