Subject: Re: Big VAXen
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/04/1999 18:06:52
At 10:01 PM 9/25/99 , Matt Thomas wrote:
>There's currently a VAX 6200 (actually a 6400) on Ebay.  It's in
>Hayward, CA so its local to me.  If the my bid succeeds, someone
>has already promised a home for it and so I will donate it to
>the NetBSD foundation for NetBSD/vax development.  I have a fond-
>ness for XMI machines.  Of all the VAXen, there are the "cleanest"
>IMO.  And if we can get a MIPS XMI board set, then maybe 5800
>support could be written as well.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170048864

My bid was successful!  Here's what I got for $500:

FM-H9607-AA - 6200 System Box 208/60;
KA64A-AA - T2015 CPU Module;
MS62A-AB - 32MB ECC Memory;
MS62A-AB - 32MB ECC Memory;
DEBNA-M - VAXBI Ethernet Adapter;
TBK70-M - VAXBI Module T1035;
TK70-AA - TK70 Tape Drive;
KDB50-C - RA-Disk Controller;
KDB50-C - RA-Disk Controller;
KDB50-A - RA-Disk Controller;
SA70-HK - .56GB SA70 Building Block;
RA70-A - 280MB 5.25" Disk;
RA70-A - 280MB 5.25" Disk;
SA600-FA - 2.4GB SA Building Block;
RA90-NA - 1.2GB Disk;
RA90-MA - 1.2GB Disk;
RA90-MA - 1.2GB Disk;
RA90-CA - 1.2GB Disk;
RA90-CA - 1.2GB Disk
TU81E-BA - TU81-Plus, BI-Bus;
LG02-A2 - 600LPM Text/Graphics Printer;
LA100-BA - KSR Term w/Tractor;

Ragge, I assume you will want console access, right? :-)