Subject: Re: panic: segv in kernel mode
To: None <PORT-VAX@netbsd.org>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1999 05:58:07
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 07:45:42PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > > There is _nothing_ more stable than a II. ;-)
> > >
> > Well, I would say "11/750" :-)
>
> Hmmm... I dunno -- a II in a horizontally-oriented BA23 is probably more
> stable than even an 11/750, which being nice and tall, could be
> coaxed into tipping over with enough force to the top edge.  If the
> BA123 didn't have casters on the bottom, it could probably be tipped
> over as well.

The BA123 i have with wheels on it has tipped twice.. i just raised it,
put the disks back in place (they {just barely} snapped out of the
mounting rails, which is probably good, or they would vhave bent the
metal chassis - oh, maybe not, thats real steel, isn't it?) and
kept runnning like nothing happened)..

i would have expected disk failure or something, but even the vertically
mounted rd53 survived with no apparent damage..

now, do that to a PC tower box, and see what happens, anyone?

/Ronny, still on 1.3.2 /MVII 9M ram, 2xRD54, 2xRD53, TK50, DELQA, 8port
mux.