Subject: Re: RIP, VAX
To: None <pb0aia@iaehv.nl>
From: J.S. Havard <enigma@sevensages.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/26/1999 00:11:09

> If only I had the money to buy the remnants of Digital back from
> Compaq... I'd set up shop in The Mill (fly swatters at hand and all) and
> get back to basics.

Why not do it?  I'm sure we could get enough people together to pitch in
some money to buy parts of dec, and the Vax and PDP architectures.  Let
compaq keep the Alpha, its not as pure (I sould like a Quake-I biggot).

Also, while we are at it, let's buy the real Unix source (research, and
sysV, still allow SCO to use it), and the Unix trademark.  Muahahahaha.
I'd also bet people would be willing to do that, also.

Regards,
John Havard
Head Geek
The Seven Sages Project

PS Don't forget the U.S. mirror of the Vaxarchive has moved!
vaxarchive.sevensages.org is its new home.