Subject: Re: Connecting a PC as Terminal at a VaxStation 3100
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: <>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/24/1999 11:59:14
Hi!

> You can try to use a converter from MMJ to RS-232
> Digital part no: H8575-A (25 pins)
>                  H8575-B (9 pins)
>
> When you have a MMJ-MMJ cable this should work (it works for me), but
> don't
> forget (in HyperTerm) to disable hardware flow-control. CTS/RTS isn't
> connected.

I tried to use a Linux PC , which serial line ist connected via a
H8571-A (Connector/Converter?) together with a MMJ-MMJ Cable (labeled BC16E-10)
to a VAX 3100. I tried to use minicom as terminal program on the linux pc with
9600 baud, 8 bit, no parity. But there are no characters at all.
The NetBSD Kernel seems to boot via NFS and I can ping the vax client, but
telnet is not possible to the vax...

I now wonder, if i use the correct cable (does my combination correspond to the
H8575-A Connector that was mentioned) or if all parameters are correct (is it
possible to use minicom?) ?
Or are there any suggestions, what to do to at least be able to get a telnet
login?

Best regards,

Christoph