Subject: Strange connector
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/1999 11:09:57
hello all,

I recently got my hands on a VAX 6320, and found an unfamiliar connector
on it. As all the cables to/from the bulkhead had been disconnected
before i got there, i dontknwo what board they were even connected to..
has anyone seen a connector about the size of a DB50 a-la-scsi2, but with
a tiny card-edge like plug shape inside, a-la-some of IBM's SCSI
offerings, on a VAX? as ive worked with older VAXen and microVAXen, i
dont know what a DSSI port physically looks like, but thought it would
look like SCSI. this plug ive never seen on anything from DEC before. and
ive only seen something like it on an IBM. There are two of them in a
pair. Any clues as to what this is? is it just DSSI?

tia

isildur