Subject: Regarding: Config changes
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/03/1999 15:28:15
Yup, built the new config and used it to configure. I had a couple of
bogons from a previous run of the older version of config (lesson: Always
remove the compilation directory completely before starting a configuration
from scratch)

I've still not heard if anyone has a pointer to an MSCP packet analyzer for
the NetBSD kernel. I have confirmed absolutely that the MSCP driver does
not like the Sigma RQ11D ESDI controller. (And perhaps the Viking QTO
controller as well but no evidence other than anecdotal yet). In the
absence of any accellerating technology my plan is to work from the driver up.

Step 1: Record all MSCP transactions in an in-kernel table.
Step 2: Provide a diagnostic tool to read out the transaction log.
Step 3: Add a machine specific DDB command to dump the log.
Step 4: Correlate failures with specific MSCP packet sequences.
Step 5: Fix the bug. :-)

The board works fine with VMS so I know that at some level its ok.

--Chuck