Subject: RE: *Delurk* VXT?
To: port-vax (E-mail) <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/1999 16:14:22
Michael Kukat wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > Hmmmm, 34010. One of the AMiga graphics boards has it. I wrote the
> > console driver support for it.
>
> And i have some of those chips lying around, including
> programmers guide.
> This processor has been used on TIGA cards in the old CAD area, where
> those graphics boards were at price levels of 2000$ upwards :-)

And in another DEC product: The DECpc 433 WS, the first "real" PC from
Digital (discounting the dreadful rebadged Olivettis before that and the
VAXmate). The DECpc 433 WS was a sweet machine at the time, manufactured
by Intel for DEC from DEC's specifications. Built-in TIGA graphics,
built-in Ethernet and built-in SCSI. All in a very slim and elegant
box... sold well, too.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2