Subject: Re: New booter available
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/1999 13:29:35
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> I just compiled the current booter sources, here are the features:
>
> The countdown works on nearly ALL CPUs (good Job, Ragge :-), except my
> 4000 VLC :-( Support for VAX 4000/300 is included and tested, support for
> VAX 4000/200 is included and should be tested. Jon, would you test it,
> please. And please tell me, if the countdown works on the VAX 4000/200,
> because this thing also has a SOC CPU. Maybe the countdown doesn't work on
> this CPU yet. But if it prints messages and tries to boot... the first
> step should be done.

Ragge/Michael,

Could you include the printing of a version string at the time the
bootloader starts?  I would find this helpful in discussions about the
bootloader (WRT keeping things straight between which versions have what
problems on which systems). :-)

And then it would be sort of a courtesy to add some specific info to the
version string when people modify the bootloader outside of the NetBSD
repository.  Again, just to simplify tracking these changes and their
behaviors.

-brian.
---