Subject: Re: Floppy init
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/1999 16:59:06
>I'll look up the diag for the 11 when I'm home.  I'm fairly certain that
>ZRQC?? will not and another XXDP diag does RX50.

I'd love to see it if something turns up, I didn't think anything like this
existed.  Of course anything ought to be possible if you download your own
T11 code, but if the layout of the on-board hardware is documented anywhere
I haven't seen it.  So I don't know how an outsider could write their own.

>Difference in the RX33 logic and the rx50 logic for Drive_ready. RX33 can
>sense if Disk in place and tests before formatting and the RX50 you have
>to try and wait for controller timeout to get an ide of disk in place.
>If I'm wrong on that it's only by details but there is a difference.

Hmm, actually I was talking about the RX33 in both cases (the difference
seems to be between the RQZX1 and RQDX3 controllers), but this might
explain *why* there's a difference (since the RQZX doesn't support RX50
drives, right?).

John Wilson
D Bit