Subject: Re: 1.4 ALPHA and vs3100m76
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/1999 17:32:39
HI !

> > Seems that the rom() option in boot is broken. The miniroot does
> > not boot at all on my VS3100m76. Boot loads, but does not load
> > any kernels at all. I tried "boot rom()netbsd.gz" and "boot
> > rom()/netbsd.gz" but none worked. :-|
> > Well, i'm not surprised. I guess the Vaxstation is going back to
> > the store in the basement again...
> >
> That's sad. What was the result? Unfortunately I have difficult to
> test the /m76, as known...

The VS 3100m76 works fine with the 1.4 Alpha, if it's netbooted. But i didn't
check such miniroot-stuff or so. If i find the time this weekend, i'll check it
out. I didn't try to boot a gzipped kernel, pure binary makes absolutely no
problems, just "boot netbsd" after MOPping the booter into memory. (Done
automatically).

so long.. Michael