Subject: Re:
To: Alex van Denzel <netbsd@adenzel.demon.nl>
From: Sheila and the GeeSer <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/1999 21:40:21
KMV is the Qbus version of the KMC11/DMC11.  that is, a microprocessor
controlled aux processor - intended for comms but could be set up to do
other things.

Yep, the use of a qbus machine as a packet switched node, stub, or
switch, required one of these to keep the processor free of all the
interrupts and stuff.

I have a bunch of them.  I think they could do rs232, v.35, local modem
like the dmc11- variant.

Hope this helps
bob

--