Subject: Re: Netbooting MVII
To: Alex van Denzel <netbsd@adenzel.demon.nl>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/06/1999 16:01:07
Hi Alex,

At 09:25 PM 4/6/99 +0200, Alex van Denzel wrote:
[snip]
>Can anyone tell me what I can enter on this prompt?

This (>>>) is the "chevron" prompt, you will want to type:
	>>> b/3 xqa0
(actually 'b/3 xq' will work, but the a0 selects the first interface)

>Can I netboot with this adapter?

Yes, I had a bit of trouble finding the ethernet (MAC) address until
someone on the list suggested running mopd in debug mode and noting the mac
address in its log.

You'll want to install the snapshot release and Michael's kernel (or virgin
1.3.2 but don't mix the two because they are incompatible!) Fortunately you
don't have a UDA50 controller as they don't work in the current release.

For Ragge, any update on the 1.4alpha port? I checked the ftp site and the
directory is there but no bits :-)

--Chuck