Subject: Re: M7504 - DEQNA
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
From: Per Larsson <tucker@algonet.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/27/1999 10:41:53
First of all, I'm rather new to this list.

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Lord Isildur wrote:

> yes, they both are. be advised that the DEQNAs are buggy and very slow
> though!!! (thats why DELQAs exist in the first place, to replace the
> DEQNAs)

I have a mvII/GPX with a DEQNA that I'm trying to netboot.
First off, I'm having to use 1.3.2 files and 1.3F kernel, since I haven't
found a boot-DEQNA.mopformat that can understand the 1.3I kernel that uses
rarp. I've found one (thanks to Brian D. Chase) from August using bootp.
I tried setting the 'root' (I think, I looked at the manpage at the time)
in the dhcpd-config, but no go, and I'm not familiar enough with the
bootpd config file to do it the real way.

Anyway, after a while i get 'panic: qe0: chained packet' or 'panic:
qe0:ring overrun' and get the 'db>' prompt.

Do I have a broken DEQNA? It works, except for the spurious panics.
Is there some way to diagnose a DEQNA?

I'm using a 486 running linux slackware as the bootserver, and the
MV3100/m20e I'm also messing around with doesn't have these kind of
problems. Then again, it doesn't use DEQNA..

> you will have to of course set jumpers/dips on them for them both to
> coexist..

Anyone have the settings for the DEQNA?

> isildur

/Per Larsson.