Subject: Re: vxt 2000
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@auhs.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1999 17:54:30
   I'm using a VXT 2000+ right now and just had it open to check what I
   could see, but there are heatsinks over the critical chips and I don't
   have any way to re-attach them once removed.

   I do have this much, though.  From the boot prompt '>>>' SHOW DEV
   only mentions the ESA0 device and my MAC address.  SHOW VER gives
   me that it's "SYSTEM 08 ROM 01 REV 05" and a line about the video
   "VIDEO_OPT_VER MAJOR 0C01 MINOR 0C09" ...

   SHOW CONFIG shows information approximating this:

   1  NVR    OK
   2  SPX    OK
             Lowres - 8plane 4Mpixel FB
   3  QDZ    OK
   4  CACHE  OK
   5  MEM    OK
             18==SY=4, S0=4MB, S1=4MB, S2=4MB
   6  FPU    OK
   7  IT     OK
   8  SYS    OK
             NOT TESTED
   9  VNI
   10 PRL

   The numbers on the heat sinks (if this is at all useful) are:

   (at E37) 21-28059-01 and S675-42 9332 below that.
   (at E67) 21-32064-08 and S33869-3710 9333 below that.

   Hope this is useful somehow.  :^)

   andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)

   After dialing a wrong number, it is highly improbable that the redial
                        button is your friend ...