Subject: 3100m36 install?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tod Detre <tod@www.tod.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1999 02:06:03
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I can seem to find a straight answer.

Is it possible to install netbsd on a VAXstation 3100m38 with the graphic
console? If so is this only text or is there some semblence of an X server for
it yet?

In the install notes on the website it says no, but in the day I've been back on

the list I've seen people talking about the 3100's graphics console.

I've recently gotten a couple 3100's with 19" monitors and figured I could make
nice Xterminals out of them, but I'd hate to have to deal with ultrix.

If some one has a step-by step on how to do this I'd love it. I was thinking
there was a way to dd a mini root onto a scsi drive and install it from there,
because I'd hate to fool around with net booting. I don't have any floppy drives

, tk50's, or any other DEC tape drives. I do have access to a dec scsi cdrom
drive and a linux box with scsi.

Help please...

Thanks in advanced,
Tod Detre