Subject: Re: Download-Problems are away
To: Jamie Lovick <jalovick@inettech.net.au>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/1999 17:31:45
Hi !

> The other option for people is to just point to the link, click the right
> button, and select save as. It should download fine.
>
> Thats how I did it.

The links are correct, i checked, so you can nearly always do right click->save
as... or with netscape: <CTRL>+left click to save it. But i want correct mime
types, just because one unknown browser in some corner may use them to control
the way of downloading (i only thing of CR/LF-conversion, charset conversions
and such crap.)

At the moment .ZIP is the format, i'll try .bz2, and maybe my provider gets .gz
configured correctly (just for the .tgz-files on my site...).
Linux rpm's are Real-Audio-streams there, but that doesn't matter the
NetBSD/vax-parts.

so long.. Michael