Subject: Apology, thanks, and update
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 21:31:17
	Well! It seems I owe the list inhabitants an apology, a vote of thanks,
and an update, in that order.

	My netbooting problems were related to a hardware issue of some sort in my
MicroVAX II. I have no idea what's going on with it -- the thing still
won't netboot -- but I was able to successfully (almost) netboot a
VAXServer 3100 I had lying around.

	So... my apologies to Ragge and Gunnar for doubting them when at least one
of them (I think it was Ragge) assured me that "Netbooting works!", and my
heartfelt thanks to those who helped me out including Brian Chase, Michael
Kukat, Mats Jansson, Chuck McManis, and Sprag Johnson (if I missed anyone,
thanks none the less!)

	Now, for the update. As I've said, basic netbooting works just fine.
However, when the thing tried to boot the netbsd kernel, as extracted from
gennetbsd.gz, the NetBSD bootloader complains about it as follows.

>boot netbsd
non-secure file, will not load
Command failed: Operation not permitted

	Soooooo.... any thoughts? Heck, after what I've just gone through, this
one should be simple! ;-)

	Thanks again.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."