Subject: Re: 3100m38 and video out
To: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 19:40:54
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Ken Wellsch wrote:

> | From bdc@world.std.com Tue Mar 23 12:17:12 1999
> |
> | Well... I suppose that's one way to do it.  The more traditional approach
> | would be to create a kernel configuration file without the graphic
> | console support included, and then recompile the kernel.
>
> So GENERIC is not intended to run on any VAXen?  I chose to disable what

	GENERIC is definitely intended to run all all vaxen (though as
	more vaxes are added it may grow too large for some of the
	smaller machines :)

> I judged to be a broken probe and avoid loosing access to a potentially
> changing GENERIC config file containing many twisty passages all different 8-)
> I can watch when sup'ing and notice when smg.c changes again... requiring
> a test and possible tweak to continue running...

	Its probably cleaner to avoid a broken probe by removing it from
	the config file (you also save memory and compile time :), though
	obviously the real goal is to have the probe work :)

		David/absolute

             -=-  "Promise carved in stone, deeper than the sea"  -=-