Subject: Re: 3100m38 and video out
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 12:21:11
| From bdc@world.std.com Tue Mar 23 12:17:12 1999
|
| Well... I suppose that's one way to do it.  The more traditional approach
| would be to create a kernel configuration file without the graphic
| console support included, and then recompile the kernel.

So GENERIC is not intended to run on any VAXen?  I chose to disable what
I judged to be a broken probe and avoid loosing access to a potentially
changing GENERIC config file containing many twisty passages all different 8-)
I can watch when sup'ing and notice when smg.c changes again... requiring
a test and possible tweak to continue running...

-- Ken