Subject: VS 4000/60 Video questions..
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Armstrong <bob@poco-adagio.santa-clara.ca.us>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/1999 21:27:43
  I recently got a VS4000/60 at the flea market.  It works great, at least
with a serial console on the printer port, but I don't have a monitor for
it.  The video board in the machine has a D shell connector with three
coax connections, which I'd assume to be RGB with sync on green.  Hooking
the green up to my oscilloscope shows a vertical sync at about 74Hz and
a horizontal of about 78KHz.

  I'm thinking of using a standard PC multisync monitor with it, but 78Khz
horizontal is beyond any of the ones that I have.  Can anyone confirm that
these are the correct sync frequencies ?  What model DEC monitor was this
machine intended to be used with (just in case I find one at a flea
market)?  Has anyone successfully used a PC monitor with it ?

Thanks,
Bob Armstrong
bob@poco-adagio.santa-clara.ca.us