Subject: Re: 4000/60 nearly there!
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/1999 17:42:51
Hi !

> There bootp support in the boot program, the only reason that it isn't
> turned on by default is that i'm lazy :-) I fixed so that the boot
> program first tries bootp, if it fails it tries bootparams etc...
> Gee, I must set up a bootp server someday to test that this actually
> works. :-)

The bootp support in the booter works very well, i only use it so. But you
could correct the makefile. The #define NETOPTS for bootparams is
"SUN_BOOTPARAMS" instead of "SUPPORT_BOOTPARAMS" or whatever there was before i
did my standard replacement. I forget to say :-) As i see it, they exclude each
other, 'cause the SUN_BOOTPARAMS comes in an if...else block, if BOOTPARAMS is
on, BOOTP if off. But i don't have the latest sources.

We wanna enable bootp support in the kernel, then i can completely turn off my
bootparamd here, the booter works with bootp here. 4 VAXen booting fine so.

cu.. Michael