Subject: 4000/60 Success!!
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: None <penfold@customware.dyn.EZ-IP.Net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/1999 12:58:37

> I believe this has to do with a bug in the bootparamd code as implmented
> under Linux.  It doesn't show up on the i386/Linux distribution but it
> does under the Alpha and possibly Sparc distributions of bootparamd for
> Linux.  I have an e-mail on this somewhere, now I just need to track it
> down.
>
> -brian.

Ah cool, I was afraid Id come across something like that!

Well, I am now pleased to say that I have it booting!!

I used my 486 firewall as the bootparam server for the time being
and the alpha as the nfs/mopd server.

Thanks again to all who have helped get me this far!

As an aside, the place I acquired this from also has some 3100/m76
machines.  Is it worth me obtaining these as well?  Are any hobbyists
in Mlebourne/Australia interested in some?  What sort of $$$ figure
are these worth?

Thanks again.

Damian.
damian@ccc.bu.aust.com