Subject: NetBSD VAX questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/10/1999 10:55:19
Hello everyone,

I've got a uVax II with an Sigma Information Systems (aka Webster Computer)
MSCP ESDI controller and I'd like to get NetBSD running on it. After
figuring out how to boot over the net I can now boot the system but I'm not
sure how to get my kernel to recognize the disk and let me play with it,
these are the variables:

	1) The disk itself is a Maxtor 8760E 760MB ESDI drive.
	2) The controller has onboard firmware (WOMBAT) for structuring
	   formatting, etc of the drive.
	3) NetBSD sees the controller (uda0 at uba0 at csr 172150)

I read a bit about edlabel, but I can't find it. I could presumably run
disklabel from UNIX but I get an error of some sort about the drive.

The controller lets you set an "answer back" to tell the OS what kind of
disk you have but I don't believe I've set it. If I did, what would I set
it to? (DURA81?)

Any pointers appreciated.
--Chuck