Subject: confused
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Duncan <paul@chaos-hovel.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1999 23:22:16
Hi again,

Sorry for this rash of messages from this VAX newbie, but I've got the boot
prompt up and I've been examining the system. I can hear a hard disk spin
up, but when I do "show scsi", no devices are shown. If I do "show device",
this is what comes up:

DSSI Bus 0 Node 3 (R1A12A)
-DIA3 (RF31)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 7 (*)

UQSSP Disk Controller 0 (772150)
-DUA0 (RA81)

UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
-MUA0 (TU81)
-MUA1 (TU81)

Ethernet Adapter
-EZA0 (08-00-2B-28-47-C2)

Is this DSSI bus something like a DEC SCSI equivalent? There's a flying lead
coming out of the front panel with a 50 way centronics style connector on it,
and I had thought this to be SCSI, was I wrong. In the top left of the
front panel there's what looks like one of these new style D type SCSI
connectors with the blade-like pins, what's that? There are no tape drives
on the system, so I guess this is just an unused Tape Controller that it
mentions which can control up to two drives?

Any more insight would be welcomed! :-)

Paul
~~~~
`