Subject: Re: SCSI _is_ still broken on VS3100
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1999 22:29:42
In article <199901141658.LAA06208@zippy.bernstein.com>,
	entropy@zippy.bernstein.com (maximum entropy) writes:
> Of course the patch I sent is worthless as it stands.  Performance is
> bad enough without inhibiting disconnection for all devices.  Does
> anyone have ideas about how we can set the bits for SCSI-1 devices
> only?

SCSI-1 devices are perfectly capable of using disconnect/reselect.
Even my Emulex MD01 SCSI<->ST506 bridge from 1985 is able to handle
disconnect/reselect...

Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41