Subject: Re: Unknown Hardware in VAX3500
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
From: Philipp Buehler <philipp@buehler.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/1999 09:11:12
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> Dot in circle: stop power-on bootstrap at ">>>" prompt, and enable
> BREAK.  (Hitting BREAK halts the CPU.)  Dot outside circle: Power-on
> bootstrap loads operating system, BREAK is disabled.
Thanks for detailed description :)

> > What is about that Battery Pack behind the CPUSlotblend?
>
> Drives the CMOS memory for setup information, and the TOY clock.
TOY ?
What happens, if this pack is dismounted or discharged?

> > The SCSI Board in there has an NCR53c90A chip and as manufacturer:
> > CMD Model: CQD-223/M. Is this supported by NetBSD?
>
> Yup, it's an MSCP controller.  See http://www.cmd.com/.
I see, thanks. I should guess URL's more often :)) At least I tried
www.emulex.com for the other Cards, but they have no information about
old stuff. I'll write a mail to there..

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fIpS | <lonely stuff > | double-p on IRC
VAX/OpenVMS: No compromise computing.