Subject: jog my memory: virtual interfaces on 1.1A??
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jsturges@gmri.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/28/1998 13:37:09
Hi,
my poor old neglected uVax II is still running 1.1A, and I was playing
around briefly trying to get virtual interfaces configured.  I thought I
remembered this being a feature, even back in 1.1A.

I tried the familiar 'ifconfig qe0:1 inet ...' syntax, but that doesn't
work.  Do I have the syntax wrong, or was this feature not yet implemented?
Or are there any prerequesite (sp?) steps prior to ifconfig'ing a virtual
interface?
If virtual interfaces are not supported in 1.1A, what is the earliest
release that had them?  I have a home-made CD of 1.2G, so I can upgrade at
least that far with relative ease.

thanks,
Jonathan