Subject: TF-867...Will this work with NetBSD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Devin Rubia <devin@thezone.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/1998 02:01:39
  In the same auction lot that I got my VaxStation 3500, I also
acquired a TF-867 tape library.  The only problem is that it was not
originally connected to the 3500 so I am without a Q-bus DSSI card.
I know that such a card exists (KFQSA) but I was wondering if it's
worth my time trying to get one.

  The KFQSA 'should' work "The KFQSA uses the same Storage System
Port (SSP) used by the RQDX3 and KDA50 controllers, and is supported
by existing device drivers across all 32-bit operating systems."
quoted from http://www.digital.com/info/QB001R/QB001RMW.DOC

  The question is if the tape drive will work, ie. is it supported
under NetBSD?  I'd like to get it working as it is a 7 tape library
that can hold 6GB(native) per tape if my research is correct. (Wow,
42GB of backup!)

--
Devin - Network Operations Centre
Cable Atlantic, St. John's, Newfoundland.