Subject: New box :-)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/20/1998 21:02:08
Aaah...

Just got a new MicroVAX 3400 (in BA213 chassis) to keep my 3600 company..

I paid $250 for it which seems steep, but I didn't complain when
I saw that it didn't just have all the DEC stuff, but also an
Emulex UC07 SCSI controller.. Those guys still sell for more than $400!

:-)

I know NetBSD doesn't support the onboard DSSI controller, but I have
a complete 3600 boardset lying here, so I think I'll transplant some
'brains'. Nevertheless.. I want to use the extra VAX for
helping out the Linux/VAX project (I can hear the *BSD mobs coming
down the road to 'teach me the error of my ways' ;-), so perhaps
I'll just add the spare memory boards...

Just one question.. I'm not up to speed with the different DEC
harddisks and capacities, but the 3400 has 3 RF72 drives.

What's the capacity of these things?

I haven't tried booting it up yet as it's just getting used to the
temperature difference (it was stored in a hall which was practically
freezing.. I'm afraid condensation can occur if I switch it on now..)

Thanx!

							Bye Arno.
--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')