Subject: PPP SUCCESS!!!
To: None <Port-Vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/28/1998 16:42:17
Thanks to everyone for their help. Thanks to Hubert over on the Amiga
list for a couple of hints!

Last night at 2300 local, I connected for the first time using my Vax
(aka Gorias).  I connected using a GVC modem at 38.4, a fixed IP, and it
all worked like a champ.  Obviously I had to do a couple of things to
the routing table to move around the internet but...worked like a champ.

I have one little bit to do: Connect with an ISP provided IP address.

Gunnar: I will write up my results and pass them to you.  and you can
add them to the faq.  I will do them in HTML format, like the existing
PPP page, and then you can tweak them.

Hey folks, this NetBSD thing really goes beyond the OS on a specific
kind of box.  I have had help from lots of folks working NetBSD,
OpenBSD, Linux (now I know more about the diffs between Linux setups
than NetBSD than I ever imagined I would without installin Linux on a
PC!!).

Thanks!!
bob
--