Subject: Re: PPP fun continues: more questions
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/27/1998 09:11:25
Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > When I set line /dev/ttyS0 it seems to hang. For longer than my patience
> > can tolerate.  My config is ka630, 16mb, NetBSD 1.3.2, DHV11 and the
> > usual tape, disks, console, ether.  System works fine, just seems to
> > hang with no response as it tries to connect to the line.
> >
> I must ask a dumb question: Have you tried jumper 4-5 and 6-8-20 on
> the VAX side? I think it sounds like you have modem control troubles.
>
> -- Ragge
Hi Ragge,
the answer is yes, I have full modem control - hooked to a modem, kermit
shows me the status of the modem, and everything looksright.

Last night I got it to dial my voice line.  I then got it to dial my
provider and attempt to handshake.

I think I have some of the settings wrong in the modem set up - I have
it  set up as a Hayes High Speed and I am running a Global Village (GVC)
and htere are some minor (and irritating at this second) differences.

Thanks for all the help everyone!  I think I will have enough data to
show everyone else how not to set up a ppp link with a dhv!  I think I
am about a cats wisker from being online via ppp with the vax!!

bob
--
real address is shsrms at erols dot com
The Herbal Gypsy and the Tinker.