Subject: Re: rd54 on rqdx3
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/1998 22:57:37
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sure that is a silly one, but the first time for me, trying to get a
> MVII running with disks.
>
> Ok, the problem:
>
> I have a rd54 (or a maxtor2190 or a rd52) on a rqdx3 interface. But trying
> to access it, i get only a
> "device offline" trying something like "b dua0" is offline, booting
> diskless is see netbsd coming up and the nessage that the ra0 is offline.
>
> is there any jumper/switch for this ?

Yes, most MicroVAX II:s (ba23 and ba123 boxes atleast) have online- and
physical writeprotect switches for the disks.

On the ba23 (narrow tower model) the butons are located near the
powerswitch, marked "ready" and "write prot.".

On the ba123 they are located under a small plastic door integrated on the
front of the case, and marked "wriet protect" and "ready" respectively. on
the ba123 there may or may not be one set of switches for every disk. if
there are more disks than buttons, the disks without buttons are always
online and write enabled.

I hope this is of help :)

Yours,
Ronny Svedman

(wow, i can't believe i asnswered a quiestion ! =)

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-018/550404			*