Subject: Re: Update 4 - BSDPPP - or - the adventures of bob
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1998 11:23:16
der Mouse wrote:
<<snip - Gist: might have some probs with rs232 signals not being
present, might want to put a breakout box with LEDs on it to see what
you have, might want to ensure that your signals are flowing correctly>>

Theo:
Well, I have pulled apart two null modem cables, visually inspected and
metered.
Got one that I thought worked with a broken connection inside one of the
connectors.  I did a lousy job soldering it I guess.
Got one that works as a null between PCs with hardware flow control that
does not have 4&5 wired.
Getting ready to review third cable.  Once I do that, I will repair the
one with the break, fix up the other one, and then play some more.
Thanks for the hint to go back to basics!!
bob

--
real address is shsrms at erols dot com
The Herbal Gypsy and the Tinker.