Subject: Re: UPDATE: More PPP fun! 2
To: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
From: Jonas Oberg <jonas@coyote.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/1998 18:37:45
On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 12:28:37PM -0400, Ken Wellsch wrote:

> Where did you "sent a Ctrl-D" from?  The laptop redirected at the tty port,
> or via the terminal attached to the port?

I interpreted it as it was sent from the terminal, which makes me
question if the terminal is configured for XON/XOFF. I _think_ this
would happen;

1. Computer->terminal: Terminal expects XON and gently throws away
   everything sent as line noise because it never gets any XON/XOFF.
2. Terminal->computer: Terminal sends XON ^D XOFF, computer receives
   this and sends XON to login which eats it up as part of the login
   name, ^D - login dies and respawns, XOFF - part of a new login
   name.

--
Jonas - http://poledra.coyote.org:8080/~jonas/