Subject: Update 3 - PPP fun and games
To: None <ronny@update.uu.se>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/1998 12:27:43
1.3.2 and 1.3b kernels seem just fine.

I went thru each of the enabled ports with three cables and my volt
meter.

I have the cables in with the red stripe down toward the floor.
that seems to be right cause:

I get a mark (-6Volts) out on pin 2 (send data) from each of the ports.
This is well within specs for RS423A/232C.  From my PC terminal, I get
-10Volts on pin 2 (into pin 3 of the port) and that too is well within
specs.

I have getty running on 3 ports - S0, S1, and S7.  I send a break to
them, I send returns (8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop) and get nada (the
spanish contraction of the american phrase not a damn thing) back.

Now - what am I doing wrong???

Thanks for any help!
bob
(still plugging!)