Subject: VS3100 boot and graphics console.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Joop Carels <zombie@il.fontys.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 23:42:34
Good day,

I've been out of the VAXen BSD for a while, but recently the interest was
rekindled due to the arrival of a nifty little VS3100m76 + 19" color
monitor.

Sadly, I came to realize that there is no X support for this beast yet.

Although I did notice the note that the graphical console IS supported now.

I have two questions:

1>	How do I switch it to it's graphical console?
It looks kind of funny having to sit on a little 14" monitor with a telnet
besides this behemoth.

2>	What bootstraps should I use to make it's SCSI disks bootable?
Can I use the xxboot straps, or do I need others? The disklabel program
suggests sdboot as an appropriate choice, but it's not in the installation
set.

I'm using NetBSD 1.3.2 (naturally)

Thank you.

 ______
   /  /   | \/ |  | | __|		http://www.il.fontys.nl/~zombie

Treasurer and System Administrator of IGV InterLink.