Subject: RE: okey, its time to get some more terminals.
To: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 18:12:01
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Ronny Svedman wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:
>
> > After physically installing the card(s) in the machine you need to build
> > a kernel with support for the serial controller(s) at the configured
> > address(es). Still using the example from my uVAXII you would need to
> > add the following to the kernel config file:
>
> Is it not possible to avoid building a kernel, by simply setting the card
> switches to whatever is teh kernels idea of where it's at ?

If the kernel reports it during boot, you are all set. No need to
recompile anything. If not, you either change the switches to whatever
address the kernel expects, or you build a kernel with the address your
card has set. It's as simple as that.

> The ka630 is Painfully slow, and i can't run it in mu student's room at
> night, or i'll die from dehydration (i have approximately 29 degrees
> celsius in here, with the window partially open- if i open it more my
> papers on the desk will blow away... :-/ )

Bha! Complaints. I had the 3500 running 24/7 in my student room. Along
with three RA9x drives.

	Johnny