Subject: RE: okey, its time to get some more terminals.
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 09:30:38
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> After physically installing the card(s) in the machine you need to build
> a kernel with support for the serial controller(s) at the configured
> address(es). Still using the example from my uVAXII you would need to
> add the following to the kernel config file:

Is it not possible to avoid building a kernel, by simply setting the card
switches to whatever is teh kernels idea of where it's at ?

The ka630 is Painfully slow, and i can't run it in mu student's room at
night, or i'll die from dehydration (i have approximately 29 degrees
celsius in here, with the window partially open- if i open it more my
papers on the desk will blow away... :-/ )

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-018/550404			*