Subject: Re: DEC Lan Bridge 200?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Michael Sinatra <msinatra@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1998 10:10:37
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:

> Vax list,
>
> I have recently come into posession of a DEC Lan Bridge 200.  This unit has
> one port that uses fiber optics and another port with AUI.  Does anyone
> have any experience with this unit and if so could it be used with NetBSD/VAX?

We have a few DEC LanBridges (which I am trying to eliminate!) on our
network, including the AUI-Fiber bridge.  They work pretty well, as
bridges go, and can be used on any ethernet network, regardless of OS.

I am not sure how you would use it with NetBSD/Vax, though.  Do you mean
use it to bridge a cluster of Vaxes running NetBSD?  Or do you mean
running NetBSD/Vax *on* the bridge?  If the former, it should be no
problem; if the latter, I doubt it, and I am not sure why you would want
to do it.

Michael Sinatra
unix admin
college of chemistry