Subject: RE: Booting 1.3.2 on a uVAX 3300
To: 'Anders Magnusson' <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/11/1998 17:16:37
I wrote:

> Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > >
> > > realmem = 20884480
> > > avail mem = 16261120
> > > Using 1019 buffers containing 1043456 bytes of memory.
> > > backplane0 (root)
> > > cpu0 at backplane0: MicroVAX 3300/3400
> > > cpu0: CVAX microcode rev 4 Firmware rev 83
> > >
> > > ?06 HLT INST
> > >         PC = 800A9CE6
> > > >>>

> > It may be because of the problems with DDB compiled into
> the kernel on
> > some machines...
>
> I've tried miniroots (tk50-file2-xx) from three different versions:
> 1.3.2, 1.3A and 1.3_ALPHA. Same result.

And tonight I tried moving vaxine's disk over to the 3300 and booting
from it. I've tried a plethora of generic kernels (different versions of
NetBSD, from version 1.1A to 1.3G) all crashing. 1.3G (the kernel on
subzero) at least gives a little more information:

cpu0 at backplane0: KA640, CVAX microcode rev 4 Firmware rev 83
panic: ptelen fault in system space: addr 0 pc 0
syncing disks... done

?06 HLT INST
        PC = 800A8121

Ragge, I thought DDB was commented out in recent generic kernels? At
least it is in NetBSD-current/src/sys/arch/vax/conf/GENERIC.

Does this mean that 3300/3400 support is broken?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2