Subject: Re: UVM stuff.
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/1998 12:27:38
> I can report that the UVM-stuff for the 3500 *don't* work. As soon as you
> run out of memory and start paging it crashes hard, immediately.

Humm, I haven't had this problem on my machine. What panic message
do you get?
To mention; a netbooted 3100/m38 can easily allocate 3 times of the
interna memory and swap over NFS without crashes here.

> Ragge, didn't we have this problem a year or so ago with the old vm?

Yes, and that was because of that the recommended mach way when having
no page reference bits would break the swap system. I fixed this by
emulating the page reference bits with the (otherwise unused) valid bit.

-- Ragge