Subject: Setting up a T1 and email
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/10/1998 07:46:57
Dear NetBSD lists,

We have a fractional T1 being set up at our office and I would like to know
what a good setup to receive and distribute email to 40 user on our network
would be.  Currently all are receiving email through a Novell network
running TCP/IP, a redirector software, a modem bank and of course a
internet service provider.  There is also two Vax 3600's running NetBSD 1.3
serving Intranet web pages to the desktops.  The desktops are Windows 95
running Eudora Pro email program.

The T1 will be connected to the internet directly through AT&T(they will
provide the CSU/DSU) so I believe I will need a DNS server, router and an
email server (sendmail?). Can all these functions be accomplished with
NetBSD servers?

Thanks,

Rick