Subject: Streaming speed in later kernels
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/07/1998 08:11:34
I'm not sure when this started, but the more recent kernels don't seem
to be able to keep up with my TK70. Reading or writing involves a lot
of 'shuffling' instead of a constant write.

Cleaned the drive, used new tapes.. Didn't help..

The rest of the box should be able to keep up fine:

	KA650
	32 Mbyte
	Emulex UC07 SCSI controller
	HP 2 Gb SCSI drive
	TKQ70 controller with TK70 drive

Older kernels (1.2 and friends) could keep it going in one continuous
write. It's about the only area in which Ultrix is better ;-)

It's not critical as it ultimately _does_ work. It's just veeeeery sloooow..

								Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')