Subject: Re: VS3100M76 weirdness....
To: Jaska Tyni <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/1998 09:43:24
Hi Jaska,
----------
> From: Jaska Tyni <jaska.tyni@neurocorp.net>
> To: port-vax@netbsd.org
> Subject: VS3100M76 weirdness....
> Date: Saturday, July 04, 1998 12:48 AM

> -ESA0
> >> NetBSD/vax boot [980530 13:32] <<
> :
> ( i press enter and it tries to load /netbsd i think )
>
> ( it queries for address with rarp, and gets an answer )
>
> ?50 SCB2NDINT, ESA0
>
>  83 BOOT SYS

looks to me, that you haven't set up your rarp demon. if you had, you don't
have a file (link to boot.mop) at /tftpboot/mop/ETHERID.SYS. where ETHERID
is the ethenet-id of your vax. (the hexnumber in small letters !).

but you can easily read all this stuff in (and is more clear there) on  a
vax-netboot-howto on

http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen
(which is a great site anyway, thanks brian !!!)

If you have more questions, please ask here.
Every problem we see here & solve here, makes NetBSD better.
If you want to do something with your box, subscribe anyway ;-))

cheers,
emanuel