Subject: Re: NetBSD-current on KA650
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/02/1998 12:09:20
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Brian D Chase wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, emanuel stiebler wrote:
>
> > How many people are using a KA650 here ?
>
> I've got one.
>
> > What problems exist ?
>
> I can't get it to netboot with its DELQA (but I think there may be
> something that I'm doing wrong).  I haven't yet tried to get it running
> from boot tapes.

I have done some debugging, and it seems in some cases that the
DEQNA/DELQA is only able to transmit a packet, and can not reveive
anything.

What KA650 version have you got?
My boot failure was on a KA650-B V5.3, VMB 2.7. (The ROM was more
advanced, with help and a lot of commands.)

Do boot tapes on KA650 work? Last time, I tried the 1.3 tapes, but with
no success. (I had a 1.2C installation, I think. I ended up catting the
miniroot to the swap-partition and booting from there.)

-Roar Thronęs