Subject: Re: NetBSD-current on KA650
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/1998 15:41:18
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> How many people are using a KA650 here ?

I've got one.

> What problems exist ?

I can't get it to netboot with its DELQA (but I think there may be
something that I'm doing wrong).  I haven't yet tried to get it running
from boot tapes.

> Summary of all KA650 problems, & besides of NetBSD-current ?
>
> I try to find out, why the KA650 doesn't boot with NetBSD-current & DDB.
> The errors is in so early stage of the boot, so i could really need some
> help.

That problem doesn't seem to be limited to just the KA650.  David Brownlee
has a KA630 VAXstation II which won't boot the current kernels either when
DDB support is compiled in.  The same problem is encountered on my KA630
MicroVAX II when booting from the current kernel he compiled.

-brian.
---